If it has to do with kicking your sugar addiction ....
I can help!
So, let’s start here (check all that apply):
I am here because I:
- want to know how sugar and starchy carbs can hold me hostage
- want to know how food cravings rule my food choices and when I eat
- can't lose excess fat, no matter what I do
- am tired of being ‘on a diet’ all the time
- am confused about what the heck I should eat
- want to know why I feel so tired and lousy all the time
Good news, my friends!
If any or all of the above apply, you are in the right spot.
I love sharing with committed health seekers the information they don’t know but need to for their best health.
I’m Joan Reid and it’s my goal to show people who are struggling with belly fat, brain fog, burnout and high blood sugar how to reduce all (yes, ALL) of those. Maybe you are dealing with other issues.
My Addicted to Sugar? eBook shares critical information everyone needs about Insulin Resistance and the grave threat it is to our health.
Here's what I do...
My passion is to educate, coach and support those who truly want to create their best health to learn and optimize the 7 essential whole-food lifestyle approaches.
I spent 25 years teaching youth and adults basic life skills (that young people are no longer being taught). When I addressed my own health issues after retirement with functional nutrition, I decided I had to empower others to do the same. I use my degrees in family and consumer sciences and adult education along with recent functional health coach training to get results for my clients.
I discovered that health is more than just what you eat and getting exercise. It is like a dance as we take one step at a time. Are you ready to dance?
Want to know more about me? Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
To get you started on the path to optimized health, download my free eBook,
5 Days to Better Health.
Want to know more about me? Here you go.....
- B.S. Home Economics Education
- M.S. Extension/Adult Education
- Certified Health Coach, Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, 2015
- Certified Insulin Resistance Coach, Institute for Nutritional Endocrinology, 2016
- Certified Functional Health Coach, Institute for Functional Health Coaching, 2017
- Digestive Intensive Course, Functional Nutrition Alliance, 2018
- Certified Functional Health Coach/Certified Insulin Resistance Solutions Coach
- 25 years as a family and consumer sciences county extension agent in Ohio and North Carolina
What is Functional Health Coaching?
Functional Health Coaching uses an investigative approach to identify the root cause of health concerns. Using an extensive Intake Form as a tool, together the coach and client will uncover lifestyle practices that might be contributing to those nagging symptoms and signs of an aging body (you know what I mean, right?): pain, diagnosed with diseases, brain fog, burnout, lack of energy and more. The goal is to optimize all 7 of the essential lifestyle functions and not just put band-aids on symptoms.
Fun Facts About Me
MY FAVORITE FORM OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
While I lift weights and enjoy daily walks, I most like and need the Yin Yoga classes I take 2 or 3 times a week. Would you believe that, years ago when I was bicycling, I rode 100 miles (a “century”) in one day?
ONE OF MY FAVORITE STRESS-RELIEVING ACTIVITIES
I love being outdoors and I find gardening to be relaxing. I especially love growing my own vegetables.
IN THE KITCHEN WITH JOAN
My cooking lessons began as a young girl when I was required to assist my mother in the kitchen. I still like cooking and I like to make it healthy and easy.